GIVE BACK TO YOUR COMMUNITY
Take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring change right in your own neighborhood.
Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens, and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods nationwide we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive, personal and social change. You can make the same impact to many lives in Arlington and Mansfield through your involvement with your local Y.
Our sports programs depend on volunteers as coaches, and your support is needed! You will experience the joy of seeing players learn and develop self-confidence, learn teamwork, participate in games and thoroughly enjoy playing sports. If you are interested in becoming a youth sports coach, visit our Coaches’ Corner page or contact Cory Brazeal. Thank you for your time and interest in the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Welcome Center Volunteers: Checking in at the front desk and assisting with folding towels, wiping down equipment, and re-racking. weights. Walking through the facility to help Y members, and assisting staff to keep the branch clean.
- Child Watch Volunteers: Volunteering in the Child Watch area during operating hours or for Parents Night Out events. Assist with kids’ fitness classes.
- Dance or Music Instructors: Teach and share your talents with others.
- Sports Volunteers: Back office filing and copying.
- Pool volunteers: Help with swim meets and operate concession sales during dive-in movies on Fridays, all summer long.
- Senior Volunteers: Assist with events like lunch and learns, movies, and other senior events.
- Office Volunteers: Help the administrative office with filing, routine paperwork, mailings, special events, and marketing projects.
Volunteer Application Forms
All volunteers are required to complete the following forms. You may download the forms, complete them and turn them in at any of our Y locations.
To volunteer, call any of our branches or the administration office:
- Administration Office: 817-299-9629
- Central YMCA: 817-274-9622
- Cooper YMCA: 817-419-9629
- North YMCA: 817-548-9622
Child Safety Commitment
The Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA does not tolerate the mistreatment or abuse of youth in our programs. Our organization performs criminal background checks, including screening through the national sex offender registry, on candidates prior to employment and on program and board volunteers prior to volunteering. Anyone with a background of mistreatment or abuse to youth will not be considered for employment or volunteer opportunities with our organization.
As well, all reports of suspicious or inappropriate behavior with youths or allegations of abuse will be taken seriously. Our organization will fully cooperate with authorities to investigate all cases of alleged abuse. Any staff or volunteer shall cooperate to the fullest extent possible in any external investigation by outside authorities or internal investigation conducted by the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA. Any mistreatment or abuse by an employee or volunteer will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment or volunteer services.