YMCA Child Watch lets mom and dad pursue their own health and well-being, knowing that the kids are safe, secure and having fun in a positive environment. Child Watch is available for youth ages 6 weeks-12 years and is included as a YMCA Family Membership benefit with a maximum of two hours per visit at all of our branches.
Children may be divided into smaller age groupings during peak times and will be in areas with engaging age-appropriate activities. Activities vary by center and include:
- CREATIVE MOVEMENT – Dance, music, instruments, parachutes, beanbag games and more
- ARTS & CRAFTS – Art projects, craft projects, painting, play dough, science
- STRONG MINDS OR IMAGINATION STATION – All coordinated learning such as ABC’s, 123’s, colors, shapes, puzzles, puppets, dramatic play and themed activities such as back to school, wild kingdom, under the sea, transportation, the seasons, weather, holidays, etc.
- HEALTHY BODIES – Fitness fun, CATCH®, physical play and nutrition
- INSIDE OUT – Outdoor play or active gym games
- KIDS CHOICE– Center based play