Go After Your Goals!
Youth Soccer is an exciting sport combining team play and individual skills. YMCA Youth Soccer has no tryouts, no getting cut, and no bench warmers! Our program helps kids become not only better players but better people as well.
2021 Spring 1 Season: March 6 – April 17
Ages: 3-14 for Boys, 3-12 for Girls [3-6 – Recreational | 7/8 and older – Recreational and Competitive]
Member Priority Registration Begins: January 1
Non-Member Registration Begins: January 8
Registration Ends: January 31st
Late Registration: January 25 – January 31 ($10 late fee applies)
Season Begins: March 6
Season Dates [Saturdays]: 3/6, 3/20, 3/27, 4/3, 4/10 and 4/17
Practices Begin: Week of February 22
Rain-Out/Make-Up Date(s): April 24 and May 1
Cost: $29 for members (supply fee), $89 for non-members (become a member and save!)
What’s Provided: Registration includes full uniform (shirt, shorts, and socks).
Equipment Needed: Shin guards, ball, and water bottle.
COVID-19 Notes: In order to limit spread of the disease to the best of our ability during the course of the season, the following measures will be put in place. These measures can change or be adjusted at any time as needed if/when new guidelines or rules are put in place by the CDC, local and state governments, or any other relevant governing bodies.
- Spectators (whenever possible) should be limited to 1 guardian/parent per player. This will be done to help with distancing of spectators sitting or standing 6 feet apart wherever possible.
- Spectators are required to wear masks at all times while at YMCA sanctioned events.
- Players are not required to wear masks during play, but are required to wear masks before and after games while entering and exiting the area of play.
- Doubleheaders will be eliminated during the regular season wherever possible, and teams will play 1 game per week. Each team is guaranteed 6 games during the course of the season including playoffs.
- Post game handshakes/parent tunnels/player lines will be suspended for the season.
- Post game drinks/snacks will be suspended for the season.
- There will be extra time built in between games to provide cushion time for teams leaving/arriving. Teams finishing up games should make every effort to leave the venue as quickly as possible. Teams arriving for games should wait in their car until a few minutes before game time to keep fields cleared as much as possible.
- Game balls will be disinfected after each period of play.
- Any questions regarding these and other procedures can be directed to the Sports Department staff below.
About our Coaches
At the YMCA, all of our youth sport coaches are volunteers. If you would like to make a positive impact in a young person’s life please consider volunteering. Prior to coaching, you must fill out a volunteer application and agree to a background check. As a coach, you will have the ability to choose the day, time and location of practices as well as make requests regarding game schedules. We provide all the resources you will need.
For more information on Youth Sports, please contact:
Cory Brazeal, Executive Director
Registration & Sports Information Line: (817) 989-9639