At the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA, we are dedicated to ensuring our facilities, programs, and services are open and welcoming to all. As part of this effort, we are proud to offer our members access to YMCA facilities across the United States and Canada that participate in Nationwide Membership. This way, our members can use the Y as often as they like, making it easier to achieve their health and wellness goals.
We offer this because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. This is an essential part of our cause of strengthening communities.
As a Nationwide Member, you now have the added value of visiting Ys across the United States and Canada. There are a few guidelines to know and follow when you travel:
- Visit ymca.net before you travel to make sure the Y you intend to visit participates in Nationwide Membership. More than 2,600 Y locations participate.
- You must have an active full facility membership to be eligible for Nationwide Membership. Program-only participants and special memberships are not eligible for Nationwide Membership.
- Some reimbursement memberships, such as SilverSneakers and other insurance based memberships, require you to have a local membership at each individual YMCA you visit. Check with your local YMCA for details.
- On average, at least 50% of your visits must be to your Home YMCA (the local association that enrolled you and collects your membership dues).
- If you have known periods of seasonal travel (when you will not be using your Home Y at least 50% of the time or will be a resident of another area for more than 28 days), you will need to place your Home Y membership on hold or cancel it, and join the Y where you will be living for that time period. Please plan ahead, as it may take several weeks to place your account on hold.
- If you are a college student, you will need to join the YMCA where your usage is 50% or greater. Nationwide Membership is based on individual usage not the family unit. Most Ys have a young adult or college membership option or you can ask about the financial assistance program.
- Most YMCAs require a photo ID for all visitors. Please bring a photo ID with you for a seamless customer experience.
- Nationwide membership grants access to membership facilities, but may not extend to additional member benefits, such as member pricing for program participation when away from your local Y. Check with the Y you are visiting to find out full the full details of their Nationwide Membership benefits.
- You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting other YMCA locations.