Thank you for your continued patience and support! For the safety of our members, participants and staff, we have temporarily changed how our YMCA operates. These changes include our hours of operation, the types of programs we offer, available amenities and general safety. Please click here to view our Health and Safety Plan.
Another way that our YMCA operates differently is how we now utilize new technology. We have several new options for making the membership experience even better for you and your family, including:
- Online group exercise class registration through Group X Pro.
- A new app for general YMCA information and registration
- Virtual fitness classes
- Mobil text updates
Current Operating Model
- Masks are required to be in the YMCA. Please click here for details.
- Central, Cooper and the North branch locations are all open with modified hours. Please click here for expanded hours at the Mansfield YMCA.
- Child Watch is open on a limited basis. We have limited capacity and our staff routinely disinfect throughout the day. Please do not send any toys or other items from home, except diaper bags/bottles. Available visit time in Child Watch is limited to two hours to allow more family access.
- All members are screened upon entry. Please be ready to answer a few questions, have your temperature taken, and use hand sanitizer upon entry. Mansfield YMCA members self-screen, including taking of one’s temperature.
- Group exercise classes are limited in size and require pre-registration. You can register three days in advance of each class. You can register via our website or with our mobile app. (please click here for more information on pre-registration and using our app and website.)
- The pool is open for lap swimming and water walking during limited hours and pre-registration is required twenty four hours in advance of each time slot (please click here for more information on pre-registration and using our app and website).
- We have temporarily suspended some amenities including coffee, towel service and most of the tables and chairs have been removed to limit gathering.
- Open gym time is available at the Cooper, Central and North YMCAs, pre-registration is required. Families from the same household may utilize one side of the gymnasium (please click here for more information on pre-registration and using our app and website.)
- A limited number of classes for seniors are available and pre-registration is required (please click here for more information on pre-registration and using our app and website.)
- Locker rooms are open with social distancing guidelines in effect.
- Swim Lessons are available on a limited basis (please click here to register.)
- Enrichment classes for children and adults have resumed. Some of these classes will be offered virtually.
- Parent’s Night Out is offered on a limited basis.
- Youth Sports are being offered on a limited basis. Please click here for more details and to register.
Child Watch Hours
Cooper Street YMCA
Monday – Saturday: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 7:45pm
Central YMCA and North YMCA
Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 7:45pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
What should I bring?
- Please bring a face mask, water bottle, and towel.
- All members and visitors 2 years old and up are asked to wear a face mask whenever possible, especially in common areas where other members are present. Please click here for more details on our Health and Safety Plan.
How can I help?
We need your help in keeping everyone healthy at the YMCA!
- Please wear a mask at all time when not working out and maintaining social distance, to help us comply with the Tarrant County Executive Order.
- Please be sure to maintain social distancing throughout the building.
- Please wipe down all equipment before and after use including treadmills, free weights, and anything else that you touch.
- Please be flexible during this difficult time as we are learning everyday and will adjust what we are doing as we learn more about what is best to keep our staff and members safe.
Have any additional questions? Please contact one of our directors below:
Cooper YMCA Branch: Cheyenne Bailey
Central YMCA Branch: Emily Swanson
Mansfield YMCA Branch: Cheyenne Bailey
North YMCA Branch: Anna Wiskirchen
Via Phone: M-F, 8am-5pm
Cooper YMCA Branch: 817-419-9629
Central YMCA Branch: 817-274-9622
North YMCA Branch: 817-548-9622
Mansfield YMCA: 817-419-9629
We can’t thank you enough for your support. Our plan is always evolving based on input from the CDC, Tarrant County Department of Health, and State of Texas. As we have additional updates, will publish them here when we can.