YMCA reopening update – Opening June 1st.
As a nonprofit dedicated to keeping our community healthy, safe and thriving for all, Y members like you make our impact possible. Thank you for staying with us during these incredibly challenging times. Thanks to your support, the Y was able to distribute food to hundreds of families, host blood drives and reach out to seniors throughout our North Texas communities. You were here for your community when it needed you most, and we remain here for you.
For the safety of our YMCA members, program participants and staff, we must be very thoughtful and intentional about how we reopen branches. With counsel of medical experts and best practices from other YMCA’s around the country, we are working toward a phased opening of our AMA YMCA branches beginning June 1st.
Our plan is to open two branches in the first phase to see what works and what we learn. In phase one we’ll open the Cooper and North YMCA Branches. We’ve been very intentional in selecting these locations for the following reasons:
- The branches are strategically located across the Arlington-Mansfield Area community giving members access to a YMCA in close proximity.
- The North renovation is complete and we are excited for our members to get to walk into a beautiful new Y as we reopen! To see the latest updates, click here.
- The Central YMCA is still undergoing a renovation and therefore will not be ready for members until our second phase of reopening.
This approach allows us to prepare our facilities and train staff while helping members get comfortable with new routines. We will communicate what to expect before you walk into the Y.
Whether it is virtually or at our facility when we reopen on Monday, June 1st, we invite you to join us in whatever manner you are most comfortable. Learn more about our virtual offerings at: https://amaymca.org/ymca-360/
We’re excited to see you soon and welcome you back to the Y.
President and CEO
M-F: 6:00am – 8:00pm
Sat: 7:00am – 5:00pm
No guests permitted at this time: Members only.
What should I bring?
- Please bring a face mask, workout bottle, and towel.
- While not required, we ask that you wear a face mask whenever possible, especially in common areas where other members are present.
What to expect:
As we reopen our facilities, we are keeping the health and safety of our members and staff at the forefront. Therefore, we’ve made adjustments our facilities and to our guidelines for use. The information below is subject to change at anytime as new information and resources become available.
- All members and participants will have their temperature screened prior to entering the Y.
- Social distancing, a minimum of 6 feet, is required.
- A limited number of participants will be allowed in the facility and areas of the building and some equipment will be unavailable for use.
- Group exercise classes will be limited in number and size so we will continue to offer virtual options at this time.
- Water fountains and towels will not be available at this time so please bring your own.
- Come dressed to workout – the locker rooms will be closed during our first phase of reopening.
We will continue to update you as we get closer to our June 1st reopening. Please note that for any additional questions or for membership options, see below.
Membership Questions: Please see contact information below for membership directors.
Via Phone: M-F, 8am-4pm
Cooper YMCA Branch: 817-419-9629
Central YMCA Branch: 817-274-9622
North YMCA Branch: 817-548-9622
We can’t thank you enough for your support. We’re working on other ways you can help and will publish them here when we can.
We’re in this Together
Thank you for working with us to create history that demonstrates how we came together and served those who needed us the most. Let us tell the story of the meaningful ways in which we responded. Let that be the story that is remembered.
We have the opportunity, right now, to decide what the future looks like.
Most importantly, this is not forever. We’re standing by you during this difficult time and ask that you stand by us as well. There’s a bright future ahead, but the only way we get there is together.