DID YOU KNOW?
Children with autism are five to 14 times more likely to drown than peers without autism. Accidental drowning accounted for 91% of deaths for children 14 & under who have been diagnosed with autism.
Our Special Needs Adaptive Program (SNAP) is designed for individuals five years old and up that may need a modification or accommodation due to Autism. The program is led by trained staff to help participants gain confidence and feel more comfortable and secure around the water. Space is limited.
2019 July Summer Session: June 3-August 24
• Location(s): Cooper Street YMCA
• Ages: Youth-Adult (Ages 5+)
• Member Priority Registration Begins: March 1
• Non-Member Registration Begins: March 8
• Session Begins: June 3
• Times: Monday-Friday, 12:00pm – 4:00pm
• Member Pricing: $30/one, 30-minute lesson or $100/four, 30-minute lessons
• Non-Member Pricing: $40/one, 30-minute lesson or $140/four, 30-minute lessons
• Lesson Structure: One-on-one
Financial Assistance is available for members
For more information on SNAP swim lessons, please contact:
Jessie Boyd, Association Aquatics Director
Email Jessie or Call 817.419.9629 ext. 4300