DID YOU KNOW?
Children with autism are five to 14 times more likely to drown than peers without autism. Accidental drowning accounted for 91% of deaths for children 14 & under who have been diagnosed with autism.
Our Special Needs Adaptive Program (SNAP) is designed for individuals five years old and up that may need a modification or accommodation due to Autism. The program is led by trained staff to help participants gain confidence and feel more comfortable and secure around the water. Space is limited.
2019 Spring I Session: April 8-May 4 | 2019 Spring II Session: May 6-June 1
• Location(s): Cooper Street YMCA
• Ages: Youth-Adult (Ages 5+)
• Member Priority Registration Begins: March 1
• Non-Member Registration Begins: March 8
• Registration ends: March 31
• Session Begins: Spring I- April 8 | Spring II- May 6
• Times: Monday-Friday, 12:00pm – 4:00pm
• Member Pricing: $30/one, 30-minute lesson or $100/four, 30-minute lessons
• Non-Member Pricing: $40/one, 30-minute lesson or $140/four, 30-minute lessons
• Lesson Structure: One-on-one
Financial Assistance is available for members
For more information on SNAP swim lessons, please contact:
Curtis Van Geem, Aquatics Coordinator, Cooper Street YMCA
Email Curtis or Call 817.419.9629 ext. 4601