Discover Your Passion
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job—we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in the community. Every day, our staff of all ages, backgrounds, and life experiences, work to bridge the gaps in community needs by nurturing the potential of children and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors. Join our team here at the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA!
Arlington-Mansfield Area Compensation Program Philosophy
The Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA’s compensation program is essential for attracting, retaining and rewarding competent and capable individuals committed to the YMCA’s mission and values. The overall goal is to communicate performance expectations, improve productivity and recognize contributions to the association’s success.
The goals of our compensation program are:
- To recruit and retain the best of the best/high performers through competitive total compensation and rewards systems.
- To maintain a cause-centered culture where we develop cause-driven leaders through coaching, education, and training.
- To achieve a performance-driven and positive work/life balance culture that fulfills operational needs while ensuring long-term sustainability that maximizes our mission impact.
- To provide clear focus and measurement on key objectives with a meaningful link to rewards.
- To have all new employees’ starting salary be above their minimum pay range.
- To have all employees, with acceptable performance, within their recommended pay range.
- To offer other, non-traditional benefits to full-time employees that will enhance their career growth as a YMCA professional such as World-Service opportunities, Staff Leadership Retreats/Trips, and participation in YMCA Principles & Practices after two years of employment with the AMA YMCA.
- To provide annual merit increases utilizing a merit pool increase Pay Scale Matrix per Y-USA annual salary administration guidelines.
While it is Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA’s intent to keep all salaries and wages competitive with the market rate for comparable work responsibilities, it must be done in a responsible manner that does not jeopardize the health of the overall organization. Merit adjustments and increases shall be determined by financial capability, the established pay range, be within the annual operating budget and bench-marked against other YMCA’s with similar budget size.
We define total compensation as salary plus benefits (health, retirement, employee membership benefits, education/training, etc.). Our policy complies with all federal and state laws governing pay policies and practices, including the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Full Time Staff Benefits:
• 100% employee medical, dental, and vision insurance paid for by the AMA YMCA
• 12% retirement paid by the AMA YMCA
• Free YMCA membership and programs including school-age services and camps
• Generous PTO/Vacation plan
• Life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability
• YPN Prime membership paid by the AMA YMCA
• Free Costco membership for your family paid for by the AMA YMCA
• Free subscription to “Right Now Media” to enhance your professional growth
• Employee Assistance Program
• Educational Reimbursement opportunities
• Training & YUSA certification opportunities
• Relocation assistance
• World Service/Diversity & Inclusion opportunities
• Leadership retreats/trips