Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA Annual Food Drive
Please bring a non-perishable food items to any of our AMA Y branches starting November 15th thru November 29th. We hope to refill our food pantries in December.
All food items will go to Mission Arlington and Harvesting In Mansfield. Our community needs us. Will you help us provide for those in need?
Facts about hunger in our community
Thousands of children and families living in our community face hunger and food insecurity every day.
- Due to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic, more families are facing food insecurity, including children.
- The pandemic has impacted families in the Arlington-Mansfield area that were already facing hunger or one paycheck away from facing hunger.
- According to the USDA’s latest Household Food Insecurity in the United States report, more than 38 million people in the United States experienced hunger in 2020.
- Households with children are more likely to experience food insecurity.
- Hunger in African American, Latino, and Native American communities is higher because of systemic racial injustice. To achieve a hunger-free community, we must address the root causes of hunger and structural and systemic inequities.