Grab your shoes and run!
Our youth track and field program is designed to provide children with the opportunity to learn the proper running and field event techniques, speed development, and an overall appreciation for the sport.
• Location(s): Region-wide
• Ages: 5-17
• Member Priority Registration Begins: April 1
• Non-Member Registration Begins: April 8
• Late Registration Begins: April 26 and ends May 10 ($10 late fee applies)
• Circuit Meets: June 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
• Locations: TBA
• Cost: $29 for members (uniform fee), $79 for non-members
$5 TAAF spectator fee for each circuit meet
• What’s Provided: All track and field equipment
• Equipment Needed: Water bottle, sneakers
• Hurdles: 80M, 100M, 110M, 200M, 300M
• Relays: 400M, 1600M
• Run: 800M, 1600M
• Dash/Sprints: 50M, 100M, 200M, 400M
• Long jump, pole vault, shot put, discus, high jump
About our Coaches
At the YMCA, all of our youth sport coaches are volunteers. If you would like to make a positive impact in a young person’s life please consider volunteering. Prior to coaching, you must fill out a volunteer application and agree to a background check. As a coach, you will have the ability to choose the day, time and location of practices as well as make requests regarding game schedules. We provide all the resources you will need.
For more information on Youth Sports, please contact:
Bianca Mendoza, Sports Program Assistant
Registration & Sports Information Line: (817) 989-9639