Friday Night Video Game Tournament!
We are looking for the best FIFA players in the Arlington-Mansfield Area. Join us on Friday nights in August for a single elimination tournament. Prizes will be given to the 1st and 2nd placed players in each division.
2020 Fall I Season: August 7th – 28th
Location(s): North YMCA
Time: 6pm – 8pm
Ages: 14-18 and 18+
Registration Begins: July 20th
Registration Ends: August 5th
Season Begins: August 7th
Season Dates [Fridays]: 8/7, 8/14, 8/21, 8/28
Cost: $10 for members, $20 for non-members (become a member and save!)
YMCA FIFA 20 Video Game Tournament Rules
- Tournament will be single elimination. The bracket will be sorted randomly based on the age groups of players registered.
- All games will be played on the PlayStation 4 – FIFA 20 video game.
- There will be no coaching/helping allowed.
- Player are prohibited from wearing headsets and may not listen to music through headphones.
- Controllers will be supplied by the North YMCA Teen Center but players can bring their own if they choose to do so. It is the players’ responsibility to be familiar with the controller’s functions and modes of operation.
- Any default, current National or Club teams as installed with the original game can be used. No “All-Star” teams or any other teams built with the intent to create a “Super” team may be used.
- Games will be played in 6 minute halves.
- Games will be played on the World Class Difficulty Level. Injuries, offsides, time/score Display will be on. The camera view will be on the standard setting and may not be changed.
- Overtime: If the game goes into extra time, the winner will be decided using penalty kicks.
- All YMCA rules and guidelines are to be followed. Any participants not abiding by YMCA rules may be disqualified at any time.
- Participation in this program constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these rules. YMCA staff decisions are final on all matters relating to this program.
COVID-19 Notes: In order to limit spread of the disease to the best of our ability during the course of the season, the following measures will be put in place. These measures can change or be adjusted at any time as needed if/when new guidelines or rules are put in place by the CDC, local and state governments, or any other relevant governing bodies.
- Spectators (whenever possible) should be limited to 1 per player. This will be done to help with distancing of spectators sitting or standing 6 feet apart wherever possible.
- Spectators and Players are required to wear masks at all times while at YMCA sanctioned events.
- Equipment will be wiped down after each use by players.
- All participants and spectators will be screened upon entry and have temperatures taken. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to enter the facility.
For more information on Youth Sports, please contact:
Cory Brazeal, Executive Director
Registration & Sports Information Line: (817) 989-9639