Step 2 - Membership Policies
- You must present your membership card each time you enter a YMCA Family Center. If you do not have your membership card, a valid form of identification with picture and date of birth is required. A $5 fee will be charged for each replacement/lost membership card.
- The join fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. If a membership has lapsed for more than 30 days, the full join fee must be paid upon return.
- Monthly membership draft fees are non-refundable regardless of use of any YMCA facility and/or program.
- Bank drafts are continuous every month, regardless of use of any YMCA Family Center. If for any reason your bank or credit card draft is returned, a service fee will be added for each returned transaction. The Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA is not responsible for any collection fees assessed by individual banking/credit card centers.
- Bank draft membership cancellations must be submitted IN PERSON to a YMCA Family Center 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE NEXT BANK DRAFT DATE. Failure to do so will result in that month's draft being non-refundable. Cancellations via fax, phone, mail, or email are not permitted.
- Pre-paid memberships are non-transferable and the membership must be renewed within 30 days of expiring to avoid paying a join fee.
- To ensure immediate changes to your membership account, please submit the appropriate form for all requests at least 14 DAYS prior to the date of your next draft. Failure to do so will result in the changes not being effective until the following draft date.
- Rates are subject to change with a 30-day written notice.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE ARLINGTON-MANSFIELD AREA YMCA'S MEMBERSHIP POLICIES AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY ALL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES SET FORTH.
Step 3 - Financial Information
I authorize my bank to honor pre-authorized drafts drawn by the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA for membership payments and/or contributions. It is understood that my draft membership will be continuous until after written notification has been received by the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA. When the bank honors the draft by charging my account, such drafts constitute my receipt of the payment. If your draft is returned, it will be collected electronically and your account will be charged for the amount of the draft plus a collection fee of $30.00. If the draft is unable to be collected, it is understood that payment is to be made by me in the amount of said payment plus service charge.
Step 4 - Release & Waiver of Liability & Indemnity Agreement
In consideration for being permitted to utilize the facilities, services, and programs of the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA for any purpose, including but not limited to observation or use of facilities or equipment, or participation in any program affiliated with the YMCA, without respect to location, the undersigned, for himself or herself and any personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin, hereby acknowledges, agrees and represents that he or she has, or immediately upon entering or participating will inspect and consider such premises and facilities or the affiliated program. It is further warranted that such entry into the YMCA for observation or use of any facilities or equipment or participation in such affiliated program constitutes an acknowledgment that such premises and all facilities and equipment therein and such affiliated programs have been inspected and considered and that the undersigned finds and accepts same as being safe and reasonably suited for the purpose of such observation, use, or participation.
IN FURTHER CONSIDERATION OF BEING PERMITTED TO ENTER THE ARLINGTON-MANSFIELD AREA YMCA FACILITIES, SERVICES, AND PROGRAMS FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO OBSERVATION OR USE OF FACILITIES OR EQUIPMENT, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROGRAM AFFILIATED WITH THE ARLINGTON-MANSFIELD AREA YMCA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO LOCATION, THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING:
- The undersigned hereby releases, waives, discharges, and covenants not to sue the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA, its directors, officers, employees, and agents ("the releasees") from all liability to the undersigned, his or her personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin for any loss or damage, and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to the person or property or resulting in death of the undersigned, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE while the undersigned is in, upon, or about the premises or any facilities or equipment therein, or participating in any program affiliated with the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA, without respect to location - including unstaffed facilities.
- The undersigned hereby agrees to indemnify and save and hold harmless the releasees and each of them from any loss, liability, damage, or cost they may incur due to the presence of the undersigned in, upon, or about the YMCA premises or in any way observing or using any facilities or equipment of the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA or participating in any program affiliated with the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
- THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE due to negligence of releasees or otherwise while in, about, or upon the premises of the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA and/or while using the premises or any facilities or equipment therein or participating in any program affiliated with the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA.
- The undersigned further assumes full responsibility for any lost or stolen items while in, about, or upon the premises of the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA and/or while using the premises or any facilities or equipment therein or participating in any program affiliated with the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA.
- The undersigned gives permission to the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA to use photographs, film footage, or tape recordings which may include their own image (or family members) or voice for purposes of promoting YMCA programs.
- The undersigned understands that YMCA membership dues and program fees are not deductible as charitable tax contributions. The undersigned further expressly agrees that the forgoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement cannot be altered in any way, and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the state of Texas and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
The undersigned has read and voluntarily signs the release and waiver of liability and indemnity agreement, and further agrees that no oral representations, statements, or inducement apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND AGREE TO THE TERMS.
Step 5 - Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA Code of Conduct
The Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA (YMCA) is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To that end, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times while in the facility or participating in YMCA programs.
Specifically, this includes refraining from: physical contact with another person in an angry or threatening way and/or any demonstration of sexual or sexually suggestive activity or sexual contact with another person, harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any other menacing behavior, theft or behavior which results in the destruction of property, using or possessing firearms, illegal chemicals, alcohol, or objects, which may be used as weapons on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles, or at YMCA sponsored events or programs, and any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature.
Members and guests should not hesitate to notify staff personnel if they witness inappropriate behavior or activity.
In order to carry out these policies, we ask that YMCA members and guests identify themselves to staff when asked to do so. YMCA management will investigate all reported incidents. Violations of this code of conduct may result in suspension or termination of membership privileges, as determined by the YMCA staff. Decisions made by YMCA staff regarding YMCA facilities, membership, Code of Conduct and guidelines are final.
I HAVE READ THIS CODE OF CONDUCT AND AGREE TO THE TERMS.