|Fitness Instructor- Central YMCA|
Job Application Deadline:
Seeking instructors for: Cycle, Insanity, Les Mils Combat, Les Mils Body Pump, Yoga and Water Aerobics
The Group Fitness Instructor is responsible for providing appropriate leadership of group fitness classes by following job duties, details, and program guidelines presented in the policies and procedures manual, new employee orientation, and training.
• Providing safe and effective fitness classes
• Availability to substitute for other instructors
Each candidate will have a formal interview, which may include a written and practical assessment, to demonstrate knowledge and competency as a personal trainer.
• Current national certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, YMCA, NSCA, NETA or Cooper Institute.
• Current CPR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen Administration certifications.
• Blood borne Pathogen and Child Abuse prevention training.
• Ability to relate and communicate well with individuals of all ages, races, religions, and communities.
• At least six months of experience teaching group fitness classes.
• The ability to teach a variety of class formats is highly desirable.
• Flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
For more information, contact Emily Swanson at emilys@amaymca or 817-274-9622