Bringing Creativity To Life Through Dance
We are committed to providing dance and enrichment classes to enhance the overall development of students. We provide all of our students the opportunity to explore dance with a qualified, nurturing staff. We pride ourselves on offering our students one-on-one attention and positive reinforcement that is necessary for success. Our classes are designed to give dancers a chance to experience dance in a fun and loving atmosphere, among their friends.
Many of our YMCAs offer a variety of youth and adult dance classes including pre-ballet, ballet, jazz and hip hop.
Classes are taught by highly-trained instructors. In a fun, encouraging environment, we will make sure every participant is able to be the best they can be. Students will learn the fundamentals of dance, how to control their body movements and have a greater awareness of rhythms and music.
We offer dance classes for various ages and skill levels, so whether you or your little dancer are a beginner or a pro, you can learn it all. Our main goal is to provide our youth with opportunities to develop strong morals, a strong work ethic, and give them every opportunity to succeed as they grow older.
Dance Classes (14-Week, 2 Session Program):
• Creative Movement: Creative Movement: Songs, dances, and free style movement to beauitful music. A fun, light hearted introduction to dance combined with very basic tumbling on a mat. No experience necessary. (Ages 3-4)
• Pre-Ballet: Introduces younger students to basic ballet vocabulary and the ballet barre. Simple coordination, musicality, rhythm and concentration will be emphasized. (Ages 4-5)
• Ballet: for beginners or build on the basics of pre-ballet. The basics and more are taught with patience and care, not to mention fun. Emphasis is on placement, balance, control, discipline, and clean lines. Ballet positions, center combinations, and large movements. (Ages 5-8)
• Hip Hop: This high energy dance class will introduce students to the basics of hip hop, including the latest trends and break dancing moves. (ages 5-8)
• Jazz: Classes are taught by highly-trained instructors. In a fun, encouraging environment, we will make sure every participant is able to be the best they can be. Students will learn the fundamentals of dance, how to control their body movements and have a greater awareness of rhythms and music. (Ages: 5-8)
• Cost: $42 ($21/each session) for members plus $50 recital fee
• What do you get: Registration includes full uniform
Download Flyer and Rates
About our Instructors
Erica has been a Step By Step student since she was two years old. She loves ballet and lyrical and has competed at local and national dance competitions. Erica is a graduate of UT Arlington with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and a Minor in English. While at UTA, Erica was a member of the Dance Ensemble and Mavericks Dance Team. Erica recently graduated with her Juris Doctorate from Thurgood Marshall School of Law. She is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. As the Director of Step By Step Dance Studio’s Junior Company, Performance Team, as well as the Genesis and Revelation and Praise Dancers, Erica gives young girls the opportunity to share their love of dance throughout the metroplex.
Khirstian Satcher has been dancing for 15 years. She started dancing at Step By Step since the age of three and has since danced across many stages including Disney World, Ice at the Gaylord, Collegiate sporting events, various retirement homes. She has also competed in numerous local and nation dance competition.s. In high school, Khirstian also was a member of the drill team where she served as first lieutenant her senior year. Khirstian is currently is a sophmore at the University of Texas at Arlington, where she is pursuing a degree in Communications. Her dream career would be in the the entertainment industry as a publicist or journalist/reporter. She is also a proud member of UT-Arlington’s 2017-2018 Maverick Dance Team.