GIVE BACK TO YOUR COMMUNITY
Take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring change right in your own neighborhood.
Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods nationwide we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive, personal and social change. You can make the same impact to many lives in Arlington and Mansfield through your involvement with your local Y.
Our sports programs depend on volunteers as coaches, and your support is needed! You will experience the joy of seeing players learn and develop self confidence, learn teamwork, participate in games and thoroughly enjoy playing sports. If you are interested in becoming a youth sports coach, visit our Coaches Corner page or contact Anna Wiskirchen or Lacey Bailey. Thank you for your time and interest in the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Welcome Center Volunteer: Checking in at the front desk and assisting with towels, wiping down equipment, wiping down mats, and reracking weights. Walking facilities to help other Y members, and helping to keep the family center clean.
- KidZone Volunteer: Volunteering in the Kidzone during operating hours, or volunteering for “Parents Night Out” events. Volunteer to help with kids’ fitness classes
- Dance or music instructors: Teach and share your talents with others
- Sports Volunteers: Back office filing and copying.
- Pool volunteers: Help with swim meets and operate concession sales during dive-in movies on Fridays, all summer long
- Senior Volunteers: Help with events such as lunch and learn, movie, and other senior events
- Office Volunteers: Help Administrative office with filing, routine paperwork, mailings, special events and marketing projects.
Volunteer Application Forms
All volunteers are required to complete the following forms. You may download the forms, complete them and turn them in at any of our Y Family Centers.
To volunteer, call any of our Family Centers or the Administration Office
- Administration Office: 817-299-9629
- Central Family Center: 817-274-9622
- Cooper Family Center: 817-419-9629
- North Family Center: 817-548-9622