The YMCA Aquatics Program provides swim lessons for all ages, water aerobics classes, lifeguard certification, and open swim times for family fun and fitness.
TWO POOLS! The Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA has an indoor pool located at the the Cooper Street YMCA that is open year-round. The Central YMCA has a seasonal outdoor pool, typically open from April – September.
YMCA Aquatic Programs
Swim Lesson Options:
- Backyard Swim Lessons (Available Memorial Day through Labor Day)
- Swim Team
- Private Swim Lessons – Contact: Curtis Van Geem, Aquatics Coordinator, Cooper Street YMCA
- SNAP Lessons – For more info contact Curtis Van Geem
- Water Aerobics – View Schedules
- Lifeguarding classes
- Cooper Winter POOL Schedule
- Pool Facility Rental
Pass the Test, Lose the Vest!
Children under the age of 18 MUST pass the swim test in order to swim at our branches without a Coast Guard-approved personal flotation device (PFD) or without direct adult supervision. Learn More.