|Swim Team Coach-Head|
|Cooper Street YMCA|
|$12.00 - $14.00|
Job Application Deadline:
Under the general supervision of the Senior Program Director/Aquatics Director/Coordinator, candidate will be responsible for a swim program which teaches the correct stroke techniques and prepares participants for competitive swim meets. This position will also be responsible for the mentoring and development of two assistant coaches. The successful employee will model the behavioral values established by the Association and will have a passion and enthusiasm for the mission of the Y.
• Lead and motivate team members.
• Make good decisions and exercise mature judgment.
• Aid in preparation for swim meets
• Interpret YMCA aquatic program philosophy.
• Knowledge of sound competitive swimming skills, and the ability to implement and teach these skills in a positive, healthy manner.
• Knowledge of basic exercise.
• Perform assigned coaching responsibilities, which may include practices, recruiting, record-keeping, and scheduling.
• Recruit prospective members and provides information about YMCA membership and swim team fee structure.
• Attend all staff meetings and trainings as required.
• Follow all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures and completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
• Maintain a safe environment
• Responsible for overseeing conduct of swim team members at meets and other functions.
• Attend swim meets and swim team functions as agreed upon with supervisor.
Maintain effective communication with participants and their parents.
Cross-promote YMCA programs and service continually
Responsible for minor decisions regarding routine problems where precedents have been established
Apply and comply with all YMCA policies and procedures and exemplify the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith
Adhere to all risk management and safety practices of the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA
Must be at least 18 years of age; high school diploma or GED required
Must have an aquatic background including knowledge in life guarding, instructing, and training.
Must be certified YMCA (or American Red Cross) Lifeguarding or YASA.
Requires current CPR PRO, AED, Oxygen and First-Aid.
Any coaching candidate who is not YMCA certified in Lifeguarding or YASA must obtain these certifications within 6 months of employment.
Knowledgeable of all the rules and regulations related to competition and the use of aquatic facilities in accordance with the Aquatic Handbook and the YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming
Basic computer knowledge and office skills required
Strong interpersonal and communication skills required, speaking politely, clearly, and articulating accurate information
Must have reliable transportation
Must be able to work effectively with a diversity of people, different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and all ages. Interacts regularly with members, volunteers, staff and other community leaders.
Must have and maintain current CPR Pro/AED, First Aid, Oxygen Administration, Child Abuse Prevention, Blood borne Pathogens training, hazard communication, slips, trips, and falls training, new hire orientation and any other trainings required