|Special Friends Instructor- North YMCA|
|$9.00 - $10.00 per hour|
|Tuesday - Friday, 11:30 am - 3:30 pm|
Job Application Deadline:
|September 30, 2018|
This candidate will support the North YMCA Family Center and Program for Adults with special needs by facilitation of planned activities for the Special Friends Program. Must maintain visual and auditory awareness, as well as demonstrate an understanding of and support a pattern of appropriate interaction among the Adults Special Friends group. The candidate must demonstrate knowledge of the program, exhibit a high level of tolerance, compassion and respect toward the members at all times. Working hours are part-time and may change as needed.
• Participate in the proper set up for daily activities; aid in the completion of housekeeping tasks and maintain the safety of the area at all times.
• Participate in all Special Friends activities, including field trips and evening special events.
• Comply with all YMCA policies, procedures and directives.
• Comply with all applicable provisions as stated in the current contract between the YMCA and MHMR of Tarrant County.
• Strict compliance with Section IV. 3. – Confidentially of Records of Covered Individuals Served by This Agreement. (MHMR of TC current contract).
• Provide participants with instruction in the proper use of exercise equipment; monitor and coach while in use by group members.
• Maintain records; make phone calls as assigned.
• Adhere to planned activities as directed.
• Maintain a safe environment
• Responsible for scheduling all required trainings and certifications to insure that they remain current.
• Must have High School Diploma or GED.
• Must pass Criminal Background Check
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word; additional computer knowledge a plus.
• Must attend meetings as required.
• Certifications: CPR/Pro/AED, First Aid and Oxygen Administration
• Must obtain Child Abuse Prevention, Blood Borne Pathogens, Preventing Slips, Trips and Falls, Hazard Communications and other certifications within association timeline.
• Ability to communicate effectively with members, staff, peers, volunteers and supervisors.
• Ability to respond effectively in emergency situations.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have the ability to effectively work with special needs adults in a YMCA atmosphere