|School Age Counselor-North YMCA|
|$10.00 - $12.00 per hour|
Job Application Deadline:
The School-Age Counselor works off-site in the Arlington and/or Mansfield Elementary Schools. The counselor is responsible for running activities with children ages 5-12 years old, model for children, living the Y core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and supervising children, and ensuring the safety of all the children at the site. He/she must interact appropriately with children and be a good role faith.
• Assist with set-up and clean-up of the site
• Supervise properly at all times
• Implement curriculum and provide activities for children such as indoor and outdoor games, arts and crafts, homework help, snack, character values devotions, science projects, etc….
• Keep an accurate count of children at all times
• Report suspected child abuse
• All other duties as assigned
• Must be at least 18 years are older; may be 16 or 17 years old if enrolled in an approved High School Career Program and under direct supervision of qualified staff. Must complete pre-service orientation/training as prescribed by TDFPS (Texas Department of Family & Protective Services)
• High School diploma or GED; must have current Driver License
• Must have or obtain a current TB test prior to employment; must compete all required training
• Must pass Criminal Background Check and attend and pass required trainings such as CPR/first aid/oxygen administration, child abuse training, bloodborne pathogens, hazard communication, slips, trips and falls
• Must have reliable transportation
• While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, lift/carry 30 pounds or more, stoop or kneel, and interact with children