|Member Services Associate- Cooper YMCA|
|Cooper Street YMCA|
|$9.00 - $9:50 per hour|
Job Application Deadline:
The Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA is seeking a motivated, team-oriented individual to join our Cooper Street YMCA Family Center as a Member Services Associate.
Reporting directly to the Membership Director/Membership Coordinator, the Member Services Associate is responsible for delivering a high-value experience for our members, volunteers and guests. Responsibilities include: Greeting members and guests and scanning membership cards; sales of memberships/programs and data entry; performing various clerical duties; Answering members’ and guests’ questions and concerns in a professional manner.
The preferred candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively, demonstrating excellent listening and interpersonal skills. He or she will have exceptional customer service skills and the ability to provide accurate information about the YMCA and its programs. This person will have the ability to make sales and follow proper procedures for cash receipting, etc….He or she must have computer skills as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks.
Provide excellent member service through interactions that ensure the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA Quality Initiatives are met
Communicate effectively and politely with others, portraying excellent listening and interpersonal skills
Provide exceptional customer service by giving accurate information about family center activities and programs to members and participants
Correctly register/sell and accept payments from participants for programs and memberships
Ensure that all accounting and related procedures are followed for cash, reporting, and merchandise sales
Accurately complete data entry for close outs and deposits
Responsible for opening, closing and securing the family center
Make decisions regarding routine problems where precedents have been established
Maintain confidentiality in regards to financial aid documents, member’s bank draft information, etc….
Apply and comply with all YMCA policies and procedures and exemplify the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith
• Must be at least 18 years of age with a minimum of a high school diploma or GED
• Must pass a Criminal Background Check
• Preferred candidates will have 1 or more years of experience in customer service and/or sales
• Must have strong verbal communication skills and excellent telephone etiquette
• Must have strong conflict resolution skills
• Must maintain current CPR/AED, First Aid, Oxygen Administration, Child Abuse Prevention, Blood Borne Pathogens training, YMCA New Employee Orientation, and other trainings that are required.
• Ability to work up to 25 hours per week with a flexible schedule