|Financial Development Director|
|$50,000 - $58,000|
Job Application Deadline:
If you are looking for a great opportunity to move ahead in your career, this is the place for you! Located in the center of the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex, the city of Arlington offers amazing experiences for the whole family. Home to the Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers, University of Texas at Arlington, Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor, beautiful parks, libraries, and many other exciting happenings, Arlington is a diverse community with an affordable cost of living, great entertainment, and all of the benefits you will receive from a large city; all within a small community feel. An excellent candidate is someone who is a team player, service-minded, believes in the YMCA values, and wants to make a difference.
Join a team of dedicated YMCA professionals, committed to the Mission and Vision of the organization, dedicated to quality, and driven by growth and delivery of excellence. The Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA is seeking an experienced, successful, and enthusiastic team player to serve as the Association’s Director of Financial Development, providing leadership in the areas of grant-writing, annual support campaign, and special events. This candidate will also support association efforts in the endowment program and capital development. The Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA is a results-oriented, growth-minded organization made up of three YMCA Family Centers with a current annual budget of almost $9 M. With a current annual support campaign of $450,000, our organization is seeking to increase this amount annually in order to meet future needs for our community and successfully implement the association’s strategic vision.
The Director of Financial Development will be responsible for providing the overall leadership for our Annual Support Campaign including coaching of volunteers and family center staff, planning, training, and all aspects of the campaign. He or she will be responsible for writing, reporting, and communicating all aspects of grants for the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA. This candidate will manage all grant functions to ensure timely submission and compliance, and will work closely with family center staff to identify funding opportunities to enhance programs and services that meet the needs of the community. As well, this person will give leadership and direction to special events. The Director of Financial Development will also be a partner in the delivery of services by providing support to the organization’s capital development and fundraising efforts, and by embracing the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA’s culture of excellence and continuous growth.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in financial development or a related field; YMCA experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/University.
• Proven success in working with an Annual Fundraising campaign which operated by the philosophy that a personal, face-to face request is best.
• Comfortable working with committees, board of directors, volunteers, community partners and collaborations.
• Ability to establish relationships with various funders, partner agencies, and corporations to develop effective, long-lasting collaborations.
• Experience in leading special events.
• Ability to research grant opportunities and effectively write and apply for grants which result in new or continued grant funds that assist the family centers in the delivery of programs.
• Ability to work well with people from different backgrounds and maintain a positive work environment.
• Knowledge and proven expertise in fundraising.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong human relations and leadership skills.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to multi-task is needed.
• A passion for growth and excellence
• A spirit of service