|$18.00 - $20.00 per hour|
|Monday - Friday, approximately 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm|
Job Application Deadline:
The bus driver provides safe transportation to and from program sites while maintaining a supportive and positive atmosphere. May also provide support in other areas as assigned.
• Drives bus safely according to YMCA policies and procedures and state laws.
• Completes thorough before-and-after trip checks each day and records all information. Records gas level, mileage, and maintenance on designated forms. Cleans out bus each day.
• Promotes safety at all times. Keeps first aid supplies fully stocked.
• Ensures that bus rules are announced and followed.
• Develops friendly and positive relationships among staff, volunteers, parents, and children.
• Communicates regularly with other staff members and supervisor.
• Assists childcare counselors and other staff members as needed.
• Walks through the bus thoroughly at the end of a bus run to ensure no child has been left on the bus.
• High School diploma or GED
• 1 year of work experience as a bus driver preferred
• Possess appropriate class license (CDL)
• Ability to pass DOT drug screen
• Ability to safely drive a bus for long periods of time
• Knowledge of the rules/guidelines related to commercial passenger vehicles (bus)
• Desire and ability to work with children effectively and safely
• Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
• Must pass Criminal Background Check/DMV Background Check and attend and pass required trainings such as CPR/first aid/oxygen administration, transportation training, child abuse training, bloodborne pathogens, hazard communication, slips, trips and falls, sexual harassment
• Ability to respond to emergency situations correctly; visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity
• Must have reliable transportation